Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Metalworking Class ..Introduction to Exploring Textures, Shapes, and Patinas

July is here and I want to EXPLORE METALWORKING with my students!

It is such an exciting subject.... METALS!  Jewelry would not be complete without a course in metalworking.  I just love to experiment with all the different tools used in texturing and shaping metals.  Copper is one of my very favorite metals to experiment with because of the many possibilities it has.

Just a few years ago if someone told me I would be working in copper, I would have said No Way!
I have a vast background using gold and sterling silver.... and never explored base metals until a few years ago.  Now I just cant get enough of using copper in my jewelry creations!

So many requests have come in for exploring metalwork... so I decided to jump in and take on copper textures , 3 Dimensional  shapes and patinas.  We will even be learning how to anneal copper with a butane torch!

My students will be learning what tools they can find in their homes and tool boxes .... even screws nails and coins ... everyday items they might already have at home.  I also provide a list of tools and supplies and where to purchase them.

Patina colors in metals is another field we will begin to explore. What can be more fun than learning how to apply color to your 3D pieces of  wearable jewelry art! To personalize is so much FUN..... and applying the Fall 2015 Fashion colors onto your metal art is also what you will learn in this class!

There is so much information I will be sharing along with tips of the trade I have learned along the way.... I do have over 35 years experience creating and designing jewelry  that I like to pass on to my students.

This first in a series of metalworking classes will take place on Wednesday July 29th at 10:00 AM and last about 3 1/2 hours.  You will not want to miss this class... I promise!

I teach in my home studio at Studio PMR and like to keep my classes small for my students' benefit!  Join us for Brunch at 10 AM .... jump in to our FUN class...  I promise you wont regret it!

Contact me for more details ... Follow my blog here and please Like my page ....so you will be kept in the loop!

Facebook

Sign up with your email address  and receive news to keep informed of happenings and classes!

Follow me on Twitter  and Pinterest



Check out my designs on Etsy

Here is some of the examples of  texturing  and patina on jewelry pieces I have done in the last few months!  You can learn  to make jewelry like this  in my class!  I would love to teach you!








No comments: