Monday, May 11, 2015

My mother was an inspiration and always there for me!







My mother was an inspiration to me... and I owe so much to her .  Since yesterday was Mothers Day,  I  do realize how much my mom is missed by me and my brother.  She has been gone since 2003 and there is not a day that goes by that  I am not reminded of "how much I miss her".

She was not always easy to get along with, however,   she was always available to me and I could always just pick up the phone and call her no matter what time of day it was.

I think most of us take our parents for granted... and we don't realize how quickly they can be taken from us.  Especially those who lead such busy lives ...whether it's our children's activities,  school, careers,  friends,  the gym, extra curricular activities  or what ever keeps us busy.   We should NEVER be too busy to just pick up the PHONE (not the texting only phone)  and carry on  a real conversation that requires using our voices.  Our moms have sacrificed so much for us.... so that is the least we can do .....just make that call!

What has happened to this new generation of young families???  They just dont have the same priorities as the generation I grew up in.  

I always stayed very close to my mom and called her at least 2 -3 times a week.  I am very lucky if I  get a call  from my family once every 3-6 months. 

Although grandkids are pretty good at calling, as they get to a certain age.... it does begin to get less and less more frequent.  The once a month call turns into once every 2-3 months. 

 I realize that their lives are getting really more social and busy with activities,  but it does not make it any easier to deal with and you don't miss them any less.

I miss both of my parents so much and would give anything to have them both back to talk to!  It really hurts to grow older and less important to your family..... I guess we get to the age that we are not needed as much!

My  big brother has just moved to the gulf coast and  much closer to me,   so I am really looking forward to spending more time with him very soon....  

Hope your Mothers day was full of love and family....  even though mine was pretty quiet around here , I know I am loved ! That is what matters most!


No comments: