Thursday, November 5, 2009

Have FUN with Jewelry Making

You know, I may be sounding too serious on this blog so today I want to write something FUN and LIGHT! It is really FUN to make your own jewelry. As I am growing older , I like to connect with my Inner personality more and now I am making jewelry that is appealing and fun to do. I use only Natural elements because since I moved to East Tennessee I have been connecting with Nature more and I find that using elements found on my farm and the surrounding mountain areas really fascinate and appeal to me. I have always loved nature, but have been afraid of using the common elements in my jewelry making, but now I am FREE and I Love it! ..... I like to use feathers for instance. My farm yard is filled with chickens, so I make use of the feathers while they are in molting season. And no, I NEVER pluck the feathers ! I love my chickens and I never want to harm them! Anyway, back on track here.... this jewelry is made into earrings, bracelets, pendants, and hair jewelry. I also add some interesting elements... I have old watch parts from my jewelry business days of old ...so I make use of them in earrings, and pendants. I sell them on EBay and I am having fun with it!

My EBay store is : www.windyhillnaturalfarmtreasures/ebaystore.com You can go here to see some of my creations. Anyway, use the elements you have available ... Get creative!

.....Tomorrow night, my husband and I are helping with a benefit auction and I have donated some of my jewelry to auction off. This is a great way to get your name out there so the public can see what you are doing. So I thought I would give you some ideas to inspire others to go with your own gut feelings. Express your own personality in your jewelry making. I like to keep up with the trends in fashion and I am always looking for new ideas for jewelry making so I am learning the art of wire sculpture jewelry making also. This is a lot of fun to do and it is very expressive and inexpensive to make. You can take courses in this technique online and I have been doing just that for about a year now. My point is don't be afraid to get out there and learn new things. If your interest is in jewelry making , look on the Internet and find interesting courses you can take to fulfill your need for artistic expression. There are classes on beaded jewelry, wire sculpture jewelry, precious metal clay jewelry, and many more. You can find many classes in your local community on jewelry making. Just contact local Parks and Recreation centers, local libraries, or your local colleges. The most important thing to do is get started, get involved and just do it. You will have so much FUN and meet new people too! Until later..... I hope to hear about your new hobbies soon! Email me and let me know how much fun you are having!

No comments: