Saturday, January 29, 2011

"Taking YOUR Idea and making it REAL"

Our slogan at Studio PMR is "Taking Your idea and Making it REAL."  The slogan comes from our desire to make every single customer know that we are putting them first in the creative process.

Hand crafted artisan, rare and affordable , "one of a kind", custom jewelry is what we are about at www.studiopmr.com

 I come from a "mom and pop" jewelry store history that really taught me the VALUE of every single,individual customer.  As a young person, I was frequently taking the customer as just someone in my parent's store.  Someone who was taking away my parent's  attention from "ME".

 As many children are and have been,  I was a little "spoiled", self absorbed, and focused entirely on myself.   I did not like it when a customer took my mother's attention away from "Me".   I didn't understand the importance of these customers to my parent's place of business.

 As time went on and  I grew, and  I became the manager of our family business,  I soon learned that without the customer coming into the jewelry store , we could not operate.  It all depends on the traffic! Whether, you are a retail store in a strip mall, or a stand alone store, or have a web site on the internet, you must have people who come into your business and look at your merchandise, and ultimately buy.

Then, you must develop relationships with the customer, helping build their trust and belief in your ability to meet their needs.   You must prove yourself worthy.  That means that you have to become a professional and learn "everything" about jewelry that is possible to learn. You learn about hundreds of different gemstones. You learn about the 4
C's of diamond grading, the hardness scale of a gemstone.   exg. The refractive index of a garnet is different from that of an opal. Only then will people learn to trust and buy from you.

Over the next 20+ years , I have learned that customers are always first and not only do you treat them with respect, you also Learn a lot  from them.  The ideas that come from customers are the best ideas I have ever had.  Custom work is an open playing field.,  It takes communication between my customers to find their needs, wants and desires.  This is a testament  of "the American way"...... What sells in the deep South, certainly does not sell that well on the west coast. Everyone is different and that makes custom jewelry work so exciting..... it is amazing what the average person can come up with!  Most people know exactly what they want, but they usually don't know exactly how to communicate the design to you or they cannot draw you a picture of their idea that is in their head.

I am fortunate that I married a communication major.  Yes, my husband has a degree in speech and communication.  He is also a very talented artist.  These two traits along with his mechanical drawing skills have been a life saver for our business.  He not only can talk to the customers and  be respectful, he can also draw what they have pictured in their mind.  I call him my "mind reader".  Sometimes that is exactly what he does.   Where I sometimes fail in one area, he takes up the slack in another valuable area.

I could keep going about how wonderful he is...... but I just want you to feel comfortable and learn to give us your ideas and know that we can handle your jewelry project.... what ever it is!

We would love to design a beautiful piece of jewelry "Just for YOU"!



Visit us often.... at Studiopmr.com

Email us:   studiopmr@mail.com






No comments: